10,000 steps a day is the recommended benchmark for significant health benefits; try wearing a pedometer to see if you're part of the majority who find they're only walking between 900 and 3,000 steps a day!. What do you think yours would read?Read More
The beneficial relationship between exercise and health dates back to the 5th century BC, when Hippocrates said, ‘‘Eating alone will not keep a man well; he must also take exercise. For food and exercise… work together to produce health.” Like food, let exercise “be thy medicine.”Read More
When you’re thinking about losing 25 pounds and running a 5K, but right now you can’t run one, you might be setting yourself up for failure. S.M.A.R.T. goals are an easy way to get things going. Remember, it’s all about making small, achievable goals, keeping it “moving” and staying positive.Read More
Most people underestimate the physical benefits of yoga. If you're interested in burning more calories, try more advanced yoga classes, like Vinyasa, which move at a faster pace. These classes can be challenging, even for the seasoned yogi, and require students to move more quickly—and hold more complex poses for longer periods. As much as yoga poses can strengthen your body and improve flexibility, yoga has also been called a “work-in,” as it also does wonders to your brain and helps bridge the gap of feeling both energized and relaxed.Read More
Do you find yourself asking these questions?
- What is a healthy way to lose weight? What’s the best diet?
- What are some ways to reduce stress? Is meditation for me?
- I don’t like going to the gym. Is there another way to get moving?
- I am always exhausted. I don’t get enough sleep. Do you have any suggestions for getting a better night’s sleep?
- I want to be happier and healthier, but how and where do I start?